UNITS 1 & 2 : 2 Day course (12 hours)
This Level 3 qualification is made up of two units including First Aid Essentials. It is specifically designed for those who are involved in any form
of activity, including sports, leisure and recreation. Not only is Basic Life Support included, but many other First Aid conditions are also covered, making the full qualification very comprehensive. Unit 1, (or day 1) of this qualification contains and covers the learning outcomes of the level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work, so those who wish to gain the level 3 award in EFAW are able to sit day 1 of this qualification.
A minimum of 12 contact hours in the classroom, consisting of practical and theoretical activities, plus an assignment and some pre-course
activity could be required.
A range of subjects are covered including:-
• Responsibilities and reporting • Resuscitation • Angina
• Assessment of the situation • Heart attacks • Choking
• Dealing with an unresponsive casualty • Minor injuries • Seizures
• Basic hygiene in First Aid • Bleeding control • Shock
• Fractures • Head injuries • Asthma
• Drowning injuries • Diabetes • Burns
• Electrical injuries • Spinal injuries
• Heat and cold
Assessment is ongoing by the instructor along with a multiple choice question paper, and a three year qualification will be issued to the learner,
subject to assessment.
A maximum of 12 students are allowed and must be a minimum of 14 years of age and a certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.
Sign up to our mailing list and be the first to find out about our latest news, offers and forthcoming events. Stay in the know, on the go.